St Mary Magdalen
A welcoming parish church at the heart of the community
- To have a deep hunger for the Lord, a passion to walk daily in fellowship with and love of God, to know his constant forgiveness and healing, his power, his holiness and so much more of God's character and then to respond to him with whole-hearted worship, service and obedience.
- To serve our fellow church members in practical ways and to encourage them in their Christian walk.
- To be a secure place for people to rest in God's love, to grow in Christian maturity and in the gifts and fruit of the Spirit.
- To reach into the community with the Gospel of Christ and in acts of service with the hope that they will be drawn into a living relationship with the risen Jesus, for his is the only name by which our neighbours, colleagues and friends may find peace with God.
- To be a place for renewal and revival in this parish and the locality.
- To be fully obedient disciples of Christ.
- To hold fully to the authority of the Bible and to embrace the presence and work of the Holy Spirit. We seek to be a church motivated by both the Word of God and the prompting of God's Spirit.
- To take seriously our citizenship of this world (Romans chapter 13), and encourage fair trade and justice as encouraged by the Old Testament prophets (e.g. Micah 6 v.8).
- ...The leading and anointing of the Holy Spirit in all we undertake for him. To this end we long to become a prophetic church which is ever listening to the voice of God through Scripture, prayer and worship.
Charity Number: 1156897
1 week to go
Coming Up Next...
Thu, 23 Aug, 2018, 10am @ Mulbarton Primary School
Come and celebrate the 6th birthday of Messy Church on Thursday 23rd August at Mulbarton Primary School from 10 am to 12 noon!
We begin our new series exploring the theme: How can I make a difference in the world? God made a beautiful, amazing world. But it is getting messed up. What can we do to help? How can we make a difference through our own choices and actions?
There will be crafts and activities, time to talk about what concerns us, an opportunity to help act out the Bible story, sing, pray and eat together. In fact, loads to to! We conclude our time together with a light lunch.
Cost: £1 for each adult and child will help us very much with cost for materials. Look forward to seeing you there! More information: Cyndy Bowles (578510) or Cathy Nicholls (570557)."
Contact Cathy for more details -
Coming Up Soon...
Diocesan Bishop Vacancy - Public Meeting (2 months to go)
More events for St Mary Magdalen »
More events across the villages »
Mulbarton Community Choir - Lyric Writing Competition
Posted: Mon, 23 Jul, 2018 (3 weeks ago) by Andrew
Mulbarton Community Choir are holding a 'Lyric Writing Competition' to commemorate 100 years since the end of World War One.
The choir are looking for a school student to write new words to the chorus of ‘Song of Liberty’, a poem set to Elgar’s Pomp and Circumstance March No.4.There will be two categories: primary school age and secondary school age. One winner from each category will be chosen. Both winners will hear their lyrics read out during Mulbarton Community Choir’s Remembrance concert on Saturday 10 November in St Remigius’ Church, Hethersett. There will be one overall winner, whose entry will be performed by the choir at the Remembrance concert. The overall winning entry will be announced on the night of the concert. The winner of each category will win £25 for themselves and two complimentary tickets to Mulbarton Community Choir’s Remembrance concert with Norfolk Wherry Brass. They will also win a WW1-themed book for their school’s library, to be presented to the school by representatives of the choir. The overall winner will win an additional £25 for themselves. It has been possible to run this competition due to the award of a grant from South Norfolk Council.
The closing date for entries is 5pm, Friday 19th October. Entries should be sent to Lin Goram, either by email at email@example.com, or by post to 31 Catmere Herne, Mulbarton, Norfolk, NR14 8NU.
Competition Entry Form: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/res/Flyers/MCC_Lyrics_Competition_-_Entry_Form.pdf
Competition Details and Rules: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/res/Flyers/MCC_Lyrics_Competition_-_Details_and_Rules.pdf
Song of Liberty Information: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/res/Flyers/MCC_Lyrics_Competition_-_Song_of_Liberty_Information.pdf
Song of Liberty Recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_60nIVUG1U (Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites)
Resources for Teachers:
If you are a teacher and would like to encourage your students to participate in this competition; why not make use of our lesson plans and PowerPoint resources.
Seconday Lesson Plan: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/res/Flyers/MCC_Lyrics_Competition_-_SECONDARY_Lesson_Plan.pdf
Primary Lesson Plan: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/res/Flyers/MCC_Lyrics_Competition_-_PRIMARY_Lesson_Plan.pdf
PowerPoint resources for both lessons can be found here: http://mulbchurch.org.uk/resources#Flyers
More Recent News & Features
Meditating on the Fruit of the Spirit (4 months ago)
The super glue of life (5 months ago)
More news & features for St Mary Magdalen »
More news & features across the villages »
The Church is situated close the B1113, next to the ancient duck pond at the north east end of the Common.
Click on the link to find a map of the area on Google maps. (Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites).
Click here to open map in new window »