St Mary Magdalen
A welcoming parish church at the heart of the community
- To have a deep hunger for the Lord, a passion to walk daily in fellowship with and love of God, to know his constant forgiveness and healing, his power, his holiness and so much more of God's character and then to respond to him with whole-hearted worship, service and obedience.
- To serve our fellow church members in practical ways and to encourage them in their Christian walk.
- To be a secure place for people to rest in God's love, to grow in Christian maturity and in the gifts and fruit of the Spirit.
- To reach into the community with the Gospel of Christ and in acts of service with the hope that they will be drawn into a living relationship with the risen Jesus, for his is the only name by which our neighbours, colleagues and friends may find peace with God.
- To be a place for renewal and revival in this parish and the locality.
- To be fully obedient disciples of Christ.
- To hold fully to the authority of the Bible and to embrace the presence and work of the Holy Spirit. We seek to be a church motivated by both the Word of God and the prompting of God's Spirit.
- To take seriously our citizenship of this world (Romans chapter 13), and encourage fair trade and justice as encouraged by the Old Testament prophets (e.g. Micah 6 v.8).
- ...The leading and anointing of the Holy Spirit in all we undertake for him. To this end we long to become a prophetic church which is ever listening to the voice of God through Scripture, prayer and worship.
Charity Number: 1156897
3 days to go
Coming Up Next...
Thu, 31 May, 2018, 10am @ Mulbarton Primary School
Messy Church will meet again next week during half term on Thursday 31 May from 10am to 12 noon in Mulbarton Primary School.
We are going to be drawing our Old Testament series to a close with God's friend Nehemiah who rebuilt the walls of Jerusalem.
Lots of hands on activities, a re-telling of the story, a song, prayers and then lunch together. We appreciate a donation of £1 per person
(adult and child) help us cover the cost of resources. Look forward to seeing you there! Contacts: Cyndy Bowles (578510) or Cathy Nicholls (570557).
Contact Cathy for more details -
Coming Up Soon...
Meet the bats at Hethel Church (2 months to go)
More events for St Mary Magdalen »
More events across the villages »
Meditating on the Fruit of the Spirit
Posted: Sun, 29 Apr, 2018 (4 weeks ago) by Rachel
After an inspiring 5th Sunday meditative service at the end of April, led by Rachel, at Mulbarton Church, some people asked to see the powerpoint, so here it is. The passage was John 15, where Jesus describes himself as "the true vine", and his followers as fruit-bearing branches.
More Recent News & Features
The super glue of life (2 months ago)
Free Daily Devotionals (4 months ago)
The Magazine (4 months ago)
New Eco-Friendly Heating (4 months ago)
More news & features for St Mary Magdalen »
More news & features across the villages »
The Church is situated close the B1113, next to the ancient duck pond at the north east end of the Common.
Click on the link to find a map of the area on Google maps. (Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites).
Click here to open map in new window »