St Michael's Church
A Friendly and Welcoming Fellowship in the Heart of the Community
Flordon has a great sense of community spirit with events throughout the year to bring everyone together.
We have a small regular congregation, who work hard to make all visitors feel welcome. Those who come to our church usually comment on the warm and friendly atmosphere. In 2013 the nave was adapted for use as a Community Centre. The pews were removed and toilet and kitchen facilities were added.
We have three services each month:
- There is no service on the first Sunday of the month - but we encourage people to go to one of the other services in the benefice:
- 8am communion service at Mulbarton
- 9am Morning Prayer service at Bracon Ash
- 10am Cafe Church at Mulbarton Village Hall
- On the second Sunday, we have what we call "Morning Light" - a lovely simple modern language service, with hymns, and refreshments following
- On the third Sunday, we have Evensong, a traditional service using the Book of Common Prayer. This takes place at 6:30pm from April to October and at 3:30pm from November to March.
- On the fourth Sunday in the month we have a spoken service of Holy Communion, using the Book of Common Prayer. This is at 8:30am.
We are especially pleased to see the fabulous building being used for so many innovative community activities, and are very pleased to be able to serve Flordon village by offering such a well-equipped and attractive facility, including plenteous parking, toilet, kitchen serving area and disabled access.
5 hours to go
Coming Up Next...
CANCELLED! - Beetle Drive, Sausage & Mash
Sat, 17 Nov, 2018, 7:30pm @ Flordon Community Centre
Sorry - this event is no longer happening due to insufficient bookings. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Contact Janet for more details - 01508 471070
Coming Up Soon...
Advent Service of Light (2 weeks to go)
Morning Prayer in Advent (3 weeks to go)
Beer & Carols (3 weeks to go)
Christingle Service (3 weeks to go)
More events for St Michael's Church »
More events across the villages »
Flordon Film Club
Posted: Thu, 9 Aug, 2018 (3 months ago) by David
The Flordon Film Club finished the season with “THE POST”, starring Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks. It was a cracking good movie with members leaving on a high – Steven Spielberg’s direction takes some beating doesn’t it? If you haven’t seen this film I highly recommend that you do so.
The new season starts on Wednesday 17 October, followed by the Christmas meeting on Wednesday 19 December. Members are currently making their choices of films and the club newsletter will be circulated shortly detailing them. If you are not a member but would like to be added to the mailing list with a view to coming along you would be most welcome; just send me your full name and email address.
The Film Club meets in the Community Hall at the church on the third Wednesday of the month 5 times per year. Annual membership is £5 per person and admission to each screening costs £5 per seat. We sell good wine cheaply plus chocolate etc. It’s a great opportunity to enjoy a bit of social intercourse before the film!
More news & features across the villages »
Click on the link to find a map of the area on Google maps. (Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites).
Click here to open map in new window »