St Michael's Church
A Friendly and Welcoming Fellowship in the Heart of the Community
Flordon has a great sense of community spirit with events throughout the year to bring everyone together.
We have a small regular congregation, who work hard to make all visitors feel welcome. Those who come to our church usually comment on the warm and friendly atmosphere. In 2013 the nave was adapted for use as a Community Centre. The pews were removed and toilet and kitchen facilities were added.
We have three services each month:
- There is no service on the first Sunday of the month - but we encourage people to go to one of the other services in the benefice:
- 8am communion service at Mulbarton
- 9am Morning Prayer service at Bracon Ash
- 10am Cafe Church at Mulbarton Village Hall
- On the second Sunday, we have what we call "Morning Light" - a lovely simple modern language service, with hymns, and refreshments following
- On the third Sunday, we have Evensong, a traditional service using the Book of Common Prayer. This takes place at 6:30pm from April to October and at 3:30pm from November to March.
- On the fourth Sunday in the month we have a spoken service of Holy Communion, using the Book of Common Prayer. This is at 8:30am.
We are especially pleased to see the fabulous building being used for so many innovative community activities, and are very pleased to be able to serve Flordon village by offering such a well-equipped and attractive facility, including plenteous parking, toilet, kitchen serving area and disabled access.
4 days to go
Coming Up Next...
Saturday Swap Shop
Sat, 22 Jun, 2019, 10:30am @ Harvest House, Mulbarton
Come and join us for another Saturday SwapShop. A great way to reduce, reuse and recycle by sharing our no longer wanted things with others - from mugs to jugs, DVDs to toiletries, books, toys, clothes and more. Come along and join the swapping fun.
* Up to 3 items per person to swap
* Good quality second hand (or new) please
* NO ELECTRICAL GOODS THANK YOU!
* Refreshments available with all donations going to a local group nominated on the day.
Contact Adrian for more details - 01508 571167
Coming Up Soon...
A Midsummer Night's Concert - Mulbarton Community Choir (5 days to go)
More events for St Michael's Church »
More events across the villages »
Messy Church - Easter 2019
Posted: Sun, 5 May, 2019 (1 month ago) by Adrian
Messy Church met again on Maundy Thursday at Mulbarton Primary School.
We were exploring the theme: Why do bad things happen to people, and how can I help?
We used the Easter Story to do this having another set of very creative crafts: donkey making; a collage of the tomb and crosses; sowing a seed and making a palm (handshape/leaf) to put in the pot until the seed germinates. We also had a sensory table with opportunities for children to talk about things that worried or concerned them and Carl Bradley from CB Drama did some work with the children acting out different emotions.
A group of children and some adults then prepared to act out the story with costumes as two readers narrated the story, which Adrian then talked about in relation to the theme, before a song, prayer and lunch together. It was as always the creativity and hard work of a big team of people, so thank you to all those who took part.
We were able to welcome some new faces as well as welcome back those who have been with us from the beginning.
More Recent News & Features
Lent Course 2019: The Prophetic Voice of India (3 months ago)
Puzzling Questions (5 months ago)
More news & features for St Michael's Church »
More news & features across the villages »
Click on the link to find a map of the area on Google maps. (Please note that we have no control over the content of external websites).
Click here to open map in new window »